IPL Syneron eLight
IPL Syneron eLight is the complete facial aesthetic solution featuring treatments for Skin Tightening, Skin Rejuvenation, Hair Removal and Acne Treatment. eLight is the complete Light solutions for the successful treatment of all skin textures and all skin tones. eLight empowers you to meet patient demand for non-invasive, aesthetic facial improvements with zero downtime.
IPL Skin Tightening - Acne - Sun Damage
- Non-invasive treatment for skin via Wrinkle Treatment
- Superior performance and patient comfort.
- Virtually painless skin tightening — without surgery.
- Skin Rejuvenation, Firm and tighten lax skin.
- Treat superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, including telangiectasia, symptoms of rosacea and angioma.
- Resolve stubborn and resistant superficial benign pigmented and vascular lesions on lighter skin colors.
- Clinically proven, safe, effective acne treatment.
- Reduce sebaceous gland activity and destroy active acne.
IPL PRE/POST TREATMENT GUIDELINES
- Avoid sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all) for 4-6 weeks before and after treatment.
- Do not apply self tanners or spray tans for 4 weeks before treatment.
- Do not use any retinol or retinoid products before treatment.
- Tell your technician if you have a history of hyperpigmentation. Depending on your skin type a pigmentation treatment may be started 2-6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores in the area being treated, notify your primary doctor to write you a prescription for antiviral therapy to start at the time of treatment to prevent a flare up.
- You must notify the technician if you have any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
- You must notify if you are on aspirin, ibuprofen, iron supplementation, anticoagulents, vitamin E, or herbal supplements such as gingko, garlic, ginseng, fish oil, vitamin E. We recommend avoiding these products for 2 weeks prior to your procedure unless your primary care provider has placed you on them for a medical condition.
- Avoid alcohol for 1 week.
- If possible come to your appointment with the treatment area cleanly washed without make-up.
After ALL IPL Treatment
- Apply cold compresses or cold pack to the treated areas for 10-15 minutes every hour for the next few hours, as needed.
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected. This usually lasts 2-24 hours but can persist up to 72 hours or more. Mild swelling and/or redness may accompany this, but it usually resolves in 2-3 days. Over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream or 100% aloe vera gel may ease redness or inflammation.
- Minor crusting or peeling of the skin is a common side effect. In rare cases blistering may occur. A double or single antibiotic ointment (NOT Neosporin, triple antibiotic, or polysporin) may be applied to the affected areas twice a day until healed.
- Keep the area clean. Wash gently and avoid aggressive scrubbing or use of exfoliants, scrub brushes, and loofa sponges until the sensitivity and colored of the treated area has returned to normal.
- Avoid direct sun exposure, including sun lamps and tanning beds, for 2-3 weeks after treatment. If exposed to the sun, protect the treated areas with a full spectrum sun block of 30 SPF or higher, used regularly between treatments and after the treatment course is completed.
- Until redness has completely resolved, avoid: Applying cosmetics, swimming- especially in pools with chemicals, hot tubs and Jacuzzi, and activities that cause excess perspiration.
After Brown Pigmented Lesion Treatment (Age Spots)
- The treated lesion may initially look raised and/or darker with a reddened border. It will gradually turn darker over the next 24-48 hours and may even turn very dark brown or black. This is normal. The treated area may develop a “peppery” appearance that will begin to flake off after a few days. A lesion on the body is usually cleared in 21-30 days and in about 7-10 days on the face. The lesion will continue to fade over the next 4-6 weeks.
- Scabbing or crusting may occur, and should not be picked, scratched or removed. The area should be kept moist with either a petroleum based product like Aquaphor or Medical Barrier Cream or Cicalfate Repair cream (provided there are no sensitivities to its ingredients).
After Red Pigmented Lesion Treatment (Vessels, Rosacea)
- Avoid hot baths, steam showers, or aerobic exercise for 24-48 hours after treatment.
For more information, please call 305-239-9222